Monday, December 28, 2009

Stats and Review Policy

I began Harmony Book Reviews on Wordpress on January 21st, 2008. I blogged there until I switched to blogger at the end of 2009. On Wordpress, I averaged 152 hits a day, with 385 hits a day being my highest. I made 438 posts which received over 3,500 comments. I also had approximately 165 followers via Google Reader.

As of January 2011, I have 211 followers via Google Reader and 216 followers on the blog.

Review Policy:

Please note I ONLY review YA and picture books, as well as the occassional MG.

If you’re interested in having me review your book, please send an email to harmonybookreviews[at]yahoo[dot]com with the summary and any other information you feel I should have. I will look into the book and if it’s something that catches my interest, I will reply back with my address. However, I do NOT guarantee a review.

Once I recieve the book, it will go onto my shelf, which is organized by month of release date. I attempt to read every book during it’s release month but I do have a life outside of this blog and sometimes it keeps me very busy.

When I do get around reading a book, I go by the fifty-page rule. If I’m not hooked by page 50, I put the book down and move onto another. That means, of course, that there will be no review for that book.

Interviews, Guestblogs, Etc.

Besides reviews, I am also happy to host interview, guest blogs, and contests for an author. However, I will only do this when I also have the book to review. I don’t want to promote a book I don’t like.

If there is anything else that the author would like to do, I am generally happy to help.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at: harmonybookreviews[at]yahoo[dot]com.

No comments: